Location Aware Apps
Location-aware applications can bring some value to users based on their physical location. GPS tracking app with a combination of built-in maps and custom maps available for offline use enhanced with various navigational features; An app for vehicle drivers.
Location-aware applications can bring some value to users based on their physical location. Various technologies employ GPS, cell phone infrastructure or wireless access points are used to identify a position of electronic devices and this information can be accessed from applications. Applications can provide users with resources such as a “you are here” marker on a city map, reviews for restaurants in the area, a nap alarm that’s triggered by your specific stop on a commuter train, or notices about nearby bottlenecks in traffic. Applications might also report a user’s location to friends in a social network, prompting those nearby to meet for coffee or dinner. While such applications create a highly targeted marketing opportunity for retailers, they also provide increased social connectivity and enhanced environmental awareness, offering users a location-based filter for online information.
Applications of this type are widely used on a daily basis, as they are created to simplify our life and make it more exciting. The apps can perform any functions connected with GPS-navigation and use of maps. Here are just some of the possible use cases.
Apps for business use:
- track the movement of couriers;
- automate goods delivery and transportation;
- organize logistics based on real data of the goods movement;
- take care of the staff and goods safety;
- show the way for transportation-connected staff etc.
Apps for pleasure:
- plan your trip, helping you to link into a single plan all the flights, transfers, sightseeing, information about the booked hotel rooms, cars and restaurants;
- help you find your way around in a new city (the apps show on the map the location of hotels, cafes, bars, hospitals, gas stations, etc. closest to you and the distance to them);
- walk you through unfamiliar underground showing you the name of the current station, trains schedule and the stations near the objects of your interest;
- help you keep communication with friends and find new ones; and much more.
Rozdoum has developed a number of location-aware apps, among them there is a GPS tracking app with combination of built-in maps and custom maps available for offline use enhanced with various navigational features; an app for vehicle drivers who need to refuse SMS typing and phone calls while driving a car (available on Google store) and much more.
Address our team to embody your ideas and make your business more efficient and private life more interesting.
Author: Sales Team at Rozdoum