What’s on your roadmap for cloud migrations: whether go forth or not?
Posted 2020-12-01 04:12
3 minutes to read
Dear Partners, Customers, and Friends! You might have already heard the recent news regarding the End of Sale for Atlassian Server and New Prices for Server and DC.
Why should I think about Migration?
As you may know, Atlassian has long been heading towards a Cloud-first company. As a result, on 16 October 2020, they announced that:
As of 2 February 2021, Atlassian will stop selling Server (perpetual) licenses and will switch to subscription-based models only (Cloud and Data Center).
This news struck all of the Atlassian Community a few weeks ago.
Thus, we want to let you know that Rozdoum, as Atlassian Gold Solution Partner, is still ready to scaffold and navigate you through these changes.
First things first, let’s look at what awaits all Atlassian Community in the near future:
What does it mean for existing Server customers?
It means that you will be offered one of the three options:
- Renew your Server licenses for 3 more years at the old prices (the offer active till February 2, 2021).
- Explore and implement the migration to Cloud.
- Undertake the transition to Data Center.
Each of the options has its benefits.
Cloud offers streamlined administration and instant scalability – you may choose flexible plans and pay for the exact number of users you need.
Data Center provides a robust self-managed enterprise solution (500+ Users), with the newly-embedded Atlassian apps as part of native DC functionality and included Priority Support.
To help ease the transition from Server to Data Center, Atlassian offers Server customers a multi-year subscription discount when they migrate to Data Center.
We understand that this news may take some time to digest, that is why we would like to offer you our help:
- To analyze your situation and calculate the value of all the options for you;
- To address your questions and concerns regarding data location and security;
- To assess, plan, prepare and implement Migration;
- To set up a Cloud or Data Center environment before the end of Server Support for a smooth transition;
- To assist you in any other way you need.
Would you like to discuss your possible options?
Let’s arrange a call to explore your case and find the most suitable solution.
Stay on Top of the Latest IT Software Development Tips, Newest Offshore Trends, and Best Outsourcing Practices.